Lectors must have received the Sacrament of Confirmation. They must be able to read well in front of people and speak distinctly to be heard by all present.
- Attend the training session.
- Check for words that you are not sure how to pronounce, instructions.
- Practice the readings for each Mass using the workbook provided at home before arriving 10 minutes before Mass.
- Check the lectionary upon arriving to be sure the book is turned to the right page.
- If no deacon is present, locate the intercessions to be read.
- Must be committed to reading for assigned Masses and if unable, must find a replacement.
Dependable, Friendly, Clear voice. They are reading the words of Holy Scripture, the written Word of God, to the faithful.